We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation)
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services (including your name, shipping and billing addresses, email address, phone number and the items that you ordered).
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including your name, shipping and billing addresses, email address, phone number)
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters (including name, email address and phone number)
- any other information that you choose to send to us
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by the websites that you visit. They are commonly used in order to make websites work by tracking goods that you have placed in a basket, or work more efficiently by remembering your login details, as well as to provide information about the sites usage to the owners of the site. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you other than the data you choose to share with us.
The following is a list of cookies that are used on this website:
|These cookie is set to ‘yes’ when you click on the “I am happy with this” button that is contained in the message in the footer warning you about the website using cookies. Once set the message no longer appears and a small icon remains.
|This cookie is used to track shopping basket contents while visitors move around the site.
|When browser is closed
|These cookies are set if a site visitor adds an item to the shopping basket and is essential for the ecommerce functionality of the website.
|When browser is closed
|When visitors write a review or comment on any other post, they will have cookies stored on their computer. This is purely for convenience, so that the visitor will not be required to re-type all their information again when they want to leave another comment in the future.
|We use Google Analytics to monitor traffic levels, search queries and visits to this website. These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. Full details of the cookies that Google Analytics uses can be found in Cookies & Google Analytics in documentation for Google’s Analytics tracking code.
|When browser is closed
|These cookies are loaded onto their browser when when a visitor logs into their account. They identify that cookies are enabled and that the user is logged in. These cookies are required so that the user can bavigate to and from their account and use the checkout and remain logged in.
|When browser is closed
|Various Paypal and related cookies from Paypal
|Various third party cookies
|We use ‘share this’ buttons on some of our pages, especially on product pages. These allow the user to connect to one of the sharing social media sites log-on screens and then share the page on that site. These third party cookies are only loaded if the site visitor clicks on one of these buttons. When they do so these thrid party companies collect certain anonymous information when you visit our website. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information during your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or a third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice, you can visit www.networkadvertising.org.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may, however, prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
For more information about how to disable cookies in your browser please visit the About cookies website.
Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
- enable your use of the services available on the website
- send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications)
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
International data transfers
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries other countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area.
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password and firewall protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website)
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00)
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by email at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
Halo Headband UK Limited
1st August 2016